Web Software Developer
Exciting new role in our UK Software Team
Fotech is a developer of smart platform management solutions using cutting edge photonics, advanced AI and edge computing technologies to help users monitor and manage their assets – improving the safety, security and efficiency of their operations. Due to continued growth and a drive to create more innovative solutions for our customers, we have created a new role in Fotech HQ in our UK Software Team: Web Software Developer. And we need your expertise.
Job Title: Web Software Developer
Job Reference: FC19040801
Application Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Location: Fotech HQ, Church Crookham Office, UK
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Salary Range: 35,000 GBP to 50,000 GBP
Working as part of a dynamic and supportive team, you will be developing software features for our diverse range of smart platform management solutions. We need a strong software developer with extensive C++ experience, capable of solving unique and challenging problems, in a very agile environment.
The ideal candidate will be inclined towards team leadership and have the ability to mentor junior developers.
- Specification, design, development of advanced front-end features and back-end APIs for complex real-time systems.
- Maintenance of the products, including staying on top of the tools we use.
- Continuous code reviewing as per the company standards.
- Active participation in the team’s Agile development process and other company-wide processes.
- Engage in effective collaboration among co-located and geographically distributed team members.
- Extensive experience in front-end (client-side) development.
- Good experience of back-end (server-side) development; Our REST APIs are written in Python using Flask, SQLAlchemy; Our Ruby web-app uses frameworks such as Sinatra, DataMapper. We also have a Rails web-app.
- Experience developing against relational databases; We use PostgreSQL for our configuration and data.
- Familiarity with version/release control is required; Git as a repository is important.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing on Linux based environments is important.
- Exposure to general scripting languages such as Python, Linux shell scripting is useful.
- Familiarity with CI tools and issue tracking tools; Exposure to Jenkins, Redmine is useful.
Autonomous, self-motivated, self-starting and willing to take ownership of assigned features to move them forward.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-organised with good attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Our software development offices are located in UK and Canada.
If this exciting new role sounds like a good fit for you and you are interested in joining our team get in touch and apply using the form below.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies.