Senior Web Software Developer
Exciting role in our UK Software Team
Fotech is a developer of smart platform management solutions using cutting edge photonics, advanced AI and edge computing technologies to help users monitor and manage their assets – improving the safety, security and efficiency of their operations. Due to continued growth and a drive to create more innovative solutions for our customers, we have created a new role in Fotech HQ in our UK Software Team: Web Software Developer. And we need your expertise.
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Fleet, UK.
Salary Range: £35k to £55k
Reports To: Software Development Manager
Fotech Solutions is a leading provider of Distributed Acoustic Sensing equipment used in a range of industries, including Oil & Gas, Transport, Pipeline and Security. The product uses cutting edge optics and software to detect and report activities occurring on the asset, such as third-party intrusion and fault detection. Members of the development teamwork in a supportive and dynamic environment, to enhance the existing products and create innovative new products for our customers.
We need a strong Software Developer with extensive experience in both web-based front-end and back-end software development, capable of solving our uniquely challenging problems, in a very agile environment.
Working as part of a small team, you will be developing software features for the company’s products. This will be in line with the product development roadmap as defined by the Engineering Manager/CTO.
Our products are scientific and data intensive and working on the front-end you will have the opportunity to build 2 two of our key customer facing products, one which controls and visualises our sensor technology with complex data input, graphs and other visualisation techniques and the second which manages and provides mapping for many sensors.
- What you will be involved in:
Specification, design, development of advanced front-end features and back-end APIs for complex real-time systems.
- Maintenance of the products, including staying on top of the tools we use.
- Continuous code reviewing as per the company standards.
- Active participation in the team’s Agile development process and other company-wide processes.Engage in effective collaboration among co-located and geographically distributed team members.
Our Tech Stack:
- We use frameworks such as Vue, Leaflet (for maps).
- We write in TypeScript, Sass (Less).
- We bundle them up using Webpack.
- Our REST APIs are written in Python using Flask, SQLAlchemy.
- Our Ruby web-app uses frameworks such as Sinatra, DataMapper.
- We also have a Rails web-app.
- We use PostgreSQL for our configuration and data.
What you will bring:
- Good experience of backend (server-side) development – ideally Python, but happy to consider other languages with the willingness to learn Python
- Good understanding of aync requests handling, partial page updates, AJAX, cross-browser compatibility issues
- Good experience developing on Linux based environments
- Experience developing against relational databases.
- Familiarity with CI tools and issue tracking tools – exposure to Jenkins, Redmine is useful.
- Familiarity with version/release control is required – Git as a repository is important.
- You must be autonomous, self-motivated, self-starting and willing to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- You must be a good team player.
- You must be well-organised with good attention to detail.
- Well-tested, good quality software and tests.
- Manual/automated testing and bug-fixing as and when required.
- Suggestions and recommendations for improvements to our software and processes.
- Other related support activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the manager.
What to expect:
Working for Fotech you can expect:
- A group of inspiring and enthusiastic colleagues.
- An environment where you will have opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology – we are open to using the best technology for the job!
- An opportunity to work on performance-based applications that are helping to solve real-time challenges for our customers.
- A chance to join a company during a growth phase – with lots of opportunity to get involved!
To apply please click here.