Technical Support Engineer
Fotech Solutions are one of the original developers of DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing) technology. Our technology can be found in over 25 countries worldwide. We were bought by BP Launchpad at the end of 2019, Launchpad is bp’s business-builder and scale-up factory. We are part of an ambitious mission to build five billion-dollar businesses, tackling the dual-energy challenge by 2025. This is no mean feat, and it’s critical that we build a global culture and team that challenges itself to reach our goal.
That’s us, but what about you?
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the customer facing support effort working closely with the Operations and Account Management teams. The Service team you’ll be a part of focuses on delivery to our customers, you’ll play a key part in helping us develop our ability to react and resolve quicker, smarter and more effectively moving forward.
You’ll do this by:
- Being the first responder to customer support issues. Working with all departments to ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and charged appropriately
- Managing Return Merchandise Authorisations (RMA) and repair queues providing quotes, RMAs and prompt turnaround working with logistics and account management teams.
- Working with Customer Support and Logistics (CSL) to support Engineering development.
- Maintaining outwardly facing FAQ web pages, Wiki and other databases
- Delivering customer support metrics pack ensuring this aligns with the tracking system
- Diagnose, locally and remotely, customer problem and manage to fulfilment
- Actively participating in the continued development of the department and company-wide processes
We want you to bring:
- Honours degree in a field of engineering (computer science and/or electronics)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Linux (including command line) and Windows
- Hands-on experience with IPv4 networking including the ability to design, implement and manage networking solutions
- Ideally you have system knowledge on Fibre optics/optoelectronic systems
- Experience with the management and execution of customer support offerings in the technology industry
- Team player mentality. We are going through a period of growth and change. You’ll be helping to grow and shape our culture
- High energy individual with interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Clear communicator. You will need me able to communicate clearly to a variety of customers (internal & external) with a level of clarity
By 2025, we intend to provide a world-leading flexible & fully scalable software solutions, integrating high performing sensors designed for ubiquitous, low capital deployment. We will do this through the talent and strength of our people.
If you feel this role is for you, apply here today.