We are one of the original developers of DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing) technology. Our technology can be found in over 25 countries worldwide. Fotech was bought by bp Launchpad at the end of 2019, Launchpad is bp’s business-builder and scale-up factory. We are part of an ambitious mission to build five billion-dollar businesses, tackling the dual-energy challenge by 2025. This is no mean feat and to become one of these businesses we want to hire & develop the best people & talent.
That’s us, but what about you?
Using your C++ experience to develop high performing solutions for our product range. You will be working within a team embracing agile business practices and using your problem-solving abilities to ensure the solutions being released are effective and deliver the expected results.
Growing and developing our people is essential for achieving our goals so as an experienced member of the software team, you’ll help develop our other Developers.
Our Tech Stack:
One of the first things you’ll want to know is our Tech Stack and understanding what we are using. To help you we’ve included it below.
- C++17, CUDA-CC
- Jenkins, Redmine and Git
- Development tooling/automation – Python3, Bash
- Backend – Python-based REST APIs
- Relational databases – PostgreSQL
What will I be doing?
- Planning, specification, requirement analysis, design of software features for complex real-time systems
- Development and maintenance of software using software engineering best practices like writing clean, self-documenting code, unit and integration testing, automated system testing, code profiling, code coverage
- Continuous code reviewing as per the company standards
- Active participation in the team’s Agile development process and other company-wide processes
- Engage in effective collaboration among the team in the UK and Calgary
- Recommending improvements to our software and processes
- Actively contribute to sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups
We want you to bring:
- Extensive experience developing high performing applications using advanced, modern C++ techniques in a
- Linux environment
- Experience with object-oriented development, design patterns
- Great debugging skills
- Drive and determination to take full ownership of a set of features and lead on their development and successful integration
- Familiarity with CUDA-C/C++ based development of parallel performance-critical code, including profiling
By 2025, we intend to provide a world-leading flexible & fully scalable software solutions, integrating high performing sensors designed for low capital deployment. We will do this through the talent and strength of our people.
If you want to join our Software team, apply here