Senior Software Developer
Exciting new role in our Calgary Software Team
Fotech is a developer of smart platform management solutions using cutting edge photonics, advanced AI and edge computing technologies to help users monitor and manage their assets – improving the safety, security and efficiency of their operations. Due to continued growth and a drive to create more innovative solutions for our customers, we have created a new role in our Calgary Software Team, Senior Software Developer. And we need your expertise.
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Job Reference: FC19040401
Application Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Location: Fotech’s Calgary Office, Canada
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Salary Range: 80,000 CAD to 100,000 CAD
Working as part of a dynamic and supportive team, you will be developing software features for our diverse range of smart platform management solutions. We need a strong software developer with extensive C++ experience, capable of solving unique and challenging problems, in a very agile environment.
The ideal candidate will be inclined towards team leadership and have the ability to mentor junior developers.
- Planning, specification, requirement analysis, design of software features for complex real-time systems.
- Development and maintenance of software using software engineering best practices like writing clean, self-documenting code, unit and integration testing, test-automation, code profiling, code coverage, etc.
- Problem solving.
- Continuous code reviewing as per the company standards.
- Active participation in the team’s Agile development process and other company-wide processes.
- Engage in effective collaboration among co-located and geographically distributed team members.
- Extensive experience in application software development using advanced, modern C++ techniques in a Linux environment (We use C++17 and modern build tools).
- Expert at object-oriented development.
- Some experience in signal processing and data-visualization.
- Great debugging skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CUDA-C/C++ based development of parallel performance critical code, including profiling and debugging.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and issue tracking, version/release control. We use Jenkins, Redmine and Git.
- Scripting capabilities in Python, and other languages, for our development tooling and environment.Ability to supervise and mentor team members.
Autonomous, self-motivated, self-starting and willing to take ownership of assigned features to move them forward.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-organised with good attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Our software development offices are located in UK and Canada.
If this exciting new role sounds like a good fit for you and you are interested in joining our team get in touch and apply using the form below.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in Canada.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies.