Fotech Solutions are one of the original developers of DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing) technology. Our technology can be found in over 25 countries worldwide. We were bought by BP Launchpad at the end of 2019, Launchpad is bp’s business-builder and scale-up factory. We are part of an ambitious mission to build five billion-dollar businesses, tackling the dual-energy challenge by 2025. This is no mean feat, and it’s critical that we build a global culture and team that challenges itself to reach our goal.
What role will I play?
As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing a team of two and all aspects of the finance function across Fotech which currently includes the main operating company in the UK and two small subsidiaries in Canada and the USA.
We have also recently introduced a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics) and you will be responsible for continuing to develop the use of the system to maximise the benefits to the business.
You’ll do this by:
- Managing all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Time recording, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the annual budget and monthly financial forecasts and report variances
- Managing and forecasting cash flow
- Preparing & publishing monthly financial statements (including reports for department managers, the
- Leadership Team and the Board)
- Coordinate and provide information for the Corporate Tax returns
- Supporting timely month-end and year-end close process
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Managing our compliance with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings across the world
- Investigate and provide advice on the best way to set up business in other countries considering the corporate structure, tax and reporting requirements.
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Where needed to implement additional controls
We want you to bring:
- Proven background in a financial management role as a fully qualified accountant
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience creating consolidated financial statements
- Proven ability to partner with multiple project/speciality teams/departments
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges.
- A charismatic, dynamic and effective approach to leadership, lead by example and will help to mentor a team towards its objectives
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Through the talent and strength of our people, by 2025, we intend to provide world-leading flexible & fully scalable software solutions, integrating high performing sensors designed for low capital deployment.If you want to join our People team, apply here today.