The Field Engineer role is to install, demonstrate and troubleshoot all Fotech Solutions products and software. This can be at Fotech’s UK facilities or customer sites around the world and may require extended periods of working at overseas locations. Working alone or as part of a larger team to ensure the solutions provided are installed in a professional manner.
Demonstrate comprehensively the set up and operation of Fotech Solutions products, software and auxiliary equipment as specified by the customer specific project.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of documentation for installation and commissioning of Fotech’s varied projects.
- To ensure activities are accurately recorded and reports are generated as required by each project.
- To train customers on the operations of the solution and auxiliary equipment.
- Liaise with the Engineering team to ensure problems are highlighted with suggested improvements in a timely manner.
- Manage onsite projects within agreed and planned timescales
- On-site HSE awareness for self and others in conjunction with any local regulations.
- To assist with data capture and interpretation of data collected for customers and new product development.
- To be ready to travel at short notice to worldwide locations with for extended periods of time.
- Any other tasks deemed essential to the running of the business
Desired Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of optical test equipment, including oscilloscopes, OTDR’s and OSA’s. also, able to interpret the test results.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- High energy individual with interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate peers and drive project to completion.
- Highly developed English written and verbal skills
- Some project management skills
- Extensive experience of field-based engineering in Hi-technology industry
- Able to demonstrate the ability to install & manage networking solutions an advantage
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Optics / fibre optics / optoelectronic system knowledge an advantage
- Spanish speaking an advantage
- Knowledge of Linux an advantage
Good level of fitness is important for some of these assignments.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.