Fotech has been a global leader in distributed fiber-optic sensors since 2009. We are hiring Senior Software developers to join our amazing team to develop high performing solutions for our product range.
Edge Artificial Intelligence is one of the hottest development areas with the latest advancements in machine learning hardware and software. Our Helios sensor uses pulsed laser light and measures the backscatter from the glass itself to detect and localize vibrations and disturbances along a fibre for over 100km at spatial resolutions down to two thirds of a metre. The Helios system acquires and analyzes hundreds of megabytes per second. We apply state of art machine-learning and signal processing techniques to extract meaningful information from the measured backscatter. It can detect things from footsteps to shovel strikes to trains.
Our Panoptes supervisory software aggregates the information from many Helios devices and interprets, stores, and communicates the results. Communication includes web-based displays and links to third party security and monitoring applications.
We have real systems deployed around the globe and our customers are always coming up with new use cases to apply our technology; this is never a boring place to work.
About the role:
- Integration and deployment of state-of-the-art Signal Processing and Deep Learning Software for high-speed real-time processing of distributed fibre optic sensors
- As a Senior Developer, you’ll be adding to and improving our software by writing new components, replacing legacy code and coming up with new ways of handling, processing, communicating and presenting information
- Development and maintenance of software using best practices (e.g. writing clean, self-documenting code, unit and integration testing, automated system testing, code profiling and continuous code review) through participation in the team’s Agile development process
- Work in collaboration with our teams based in the UK and Canada, ensuring clear lines of communication and effectiveness in how we work
- Recommend, evaluate & implement improvements to our software, tools and processes, helping to improve the effectiveness of the team
- Act as a mentor to others in your team
Your skills & experience:
- Developing high performance, multi-threaded, distributed applications using modern C++ and libraries.
- Object-oriented development and software design patterns.
- Linux development environments e.g. Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Continuous integration, code reviews, issue tracking, and version/release control.
Nice to haves:
- Developing for embedded hardware.
- Deploying solutions to one or more major cloud platforms.
- Scripting using Python and Linux shells.
- Supervising or mentoring team members (Senior position). We’re looking for future team leads as well as developers.
- Machine learning knowledge
- Databases and other data stores. We use PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Image and signal processing. A strong math background in general would be advantageous.
- Team player. We are going through a period of growth and change. You’ll be helping to grow and redefine our culture, so you’ll be forming relationships across all departments
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and personal
- Passionate about developing products that customers love to use
- Keen interest in the latest technology, software tools and methods
- Desire to develop your technical understanding to support your goals & career development
- Happy to take ownership of tasks and highly dependable
What Fotech offers:
- As part of a small team, you’ll play a key role in creating great products
- Opportunity to directly influence the product quality and feature set through your knowledge and creativity
- Culture of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- You’ll work on state-of-the-art technology with enormous potential
- The option for international travel to help solve our customer problems
Please keep reading…
Fotech is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by building a workplace & team that not just recognises talent but gives them a platform to thrive & grow. Inclusion is central to our people strategy, and we are committed to developing the diversity of our teams.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.