Fotech applies state of art machine learning and signal processing techniques to our industry-leading fibre optic sensing technology to inform efficiency, increase the security and sustainability of infrastructure and reduce environmental impact across multiple industry sectors.
Backed by bp Launchpad to re-imagine the digitally focused energy landscape, with access to world-leading partners. Fotech is on an exciting growth journey, and we are looking for people that want to make a difference.
As Health & Safety Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the overall Health & Safety standards and building & embedding a culture of continuous improvement to help ensure a safe working environment for our team whether they are in our main office, working remotely or on customer sites. This is a key role to ensure that the company’s goal of continuous improvement is maintained and that all our H&S deliverables meet our requirements. You‘ll also ensure that our facilities are maintained to provide a safe environment for all employees.
What’s a typical week:
- Create a strong behavioural safety culture where health and safety issues are reported, investigated, and addressed and employees are actively supported and encouraged to improve health and safety
- Develop and ensure that safe operating practices, with safety policies and procedures, are in place, demonstrated as suitable, sufficient, audited, updated, and communicated
- Own and develop our Environmental programme by managing the ISO 14001 certification and building an environmental company programme
- Plan and strategize work systems around reducing health and safety risks, e.g. recommending suitable adaptations to processes
- Ensure Accidents and Near Misses are investigated to root cause. Proactively ensure timely completion of corrective actions plans with managers. Ensure that risk assessments are completed, actioned and are live and relevant
- Actively encourage and promote the reporting of safety improvements by everyone in the company
- Guide and advise the management team to maintain statutory compliance and continued safety performance
- Ensure that the facilities are maintained to a high standard ensuring the security and comfort of our employees
Your skills & experience:
- H&S Manager with experience in a complex, multi-national manufacturing or technology organisation.
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualified
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant global health and safety legislation
- Able to work to a programme and meet deadlines, be able to organise and prioritise work
- Ability to liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities for Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and influencing skills: Ideally, you’re also results-oriented with a drive to achieve your objectives
- Team player. We are going through a period of growth and change. You’ll be helping to grow and redefine our culture, so you’ll be forming relationships across all departments
- Dedicated, flexible and highly motivated, individual with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Excellent numeric skills and the ability to present complex data in an understandable way
- Keep abreast of developments and legislative changes through continuous personal development
- A people person who can manage with confidence, and operate with authority when needed
Please keep reading…
Fotech is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the very best people by building a workplace & team that not just recognises talent but gives them a platform to thrive & grow. Inclusion is central to our people strategy, and we are committed to developing the diversity of our teams.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch by applying here