Fotech Solutions is a leading provider of Distributed Acoustic Sensing equipment used in a range of industries, including Oil & Gas, Transport, Pipeline and Security. The product uses cutting edge optics and software to detect and report activities occurring on the asset, such as third-party intrusion and fault detection. Members of the development team work in a supportive and dynamic environment, to enhance the existing products and create innovative new products for our customers.
Senior Software Developer
Permanent, full-time Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Working as part of a small team, you will be developing and maintaining software features for the company’s products in line with product development roadmap as defined by the Engineering Manager/CTO and guided by the Software Development Manager.
This will be in the context of project requirements or general product updates, and will at times involve a good amount of Web software development.
You will be expected to set up your own machine and development environments, and quickly get up to speed to actively contribute to development.
The ideal candidate will be inclined towards team leadership, and have the ability to mentor junior developers.
- Specification, design, development and maintenance of software for complex real-time systems using software engineering best practices like writing clean code, unit and integration testing, automation, code profiling and code coverage, etc.
- Conducting code reviews as per the company standards.
- Active participation in the team’s Agile (SCRUM) development process and other company-wide processes.
- Engage in effective collaboration among geographically distributed team members.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in application software development using advanced, modern C++ techniques.
- Good experience in web software development.
- Good understanding of CI and issue tracking.
- Good understanding of version/release control.
- Experience in signal processing and data-visualization.
- Experience in development on Linux based environments.
- Experience with CUDA-C/C++ based development of parallel performance critical code, including profiling and debugging.
- Experience with Python, Shell programming.
- Exposure to Jenkins, Redmine would be advantageous.
- Exposure to using Git as a repository would be advantageous.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, self-starting and willing to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Good team player.
- Well-organised with good attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Our software development offices are located in UK and Canada.
- Well-tested, good quality software and tests.
- Testing and bug-fixing as and when required.
- Suggestions and recommendations for enhancements and updates to software and processes.
- Other related support activities as appropriate and necessary.
- Salary: Competitive
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada