Fotech was established in 2008 to develop Distributed Acoustic Sensors our innovative products provide our clients across the globe with sensory data that helps them solve business critical challenges. We are a global team with varied skills sets ranging from technical experts, to sales professionals, from researchers to contracts specialists. Working closely together to share the expertise Fotech has in its sectors with existing clients and well as new ones.
Due to the expanding need for our products and services and as a result of exciting plans for 2018 we are now looking for a Bid Manager to aid and support this growth further. This is a great opportunity for an individual with the relevant skills and experience as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to join our committed team.
Permanent, full-time, Church Crookham, Hampshire UK
Up to £30k to £40k per annum, depending on experience
Working with teams accross the Fotech Organisation you will facilitate the efficient administration of bids, bid reviews and associated bid documentation and will support the Sales team to run and improve current processes and set-up new processes where required to improve efficiency of the sales organisation and bid management process.
- Production and management of high quality bid documents within tender timelines.
- Manage the creation of compelling customer focused responses.
- Plan the strategy to complete identified bids/tenders.
- Prepare content and answers for pre-qualifications and bids, ensuring timely responses to client delivery.
- Organise Bid team reviews, gate reviews and bid submission reviews ensuring that respective agendas, attendance lists, and action trackers are up to date.
- Communication with the Operations team to confirm technical feasibility and bid compliance.
- Coordinate any assistance received from technical staff for technical questions as appropriate and pulling this information together in to a succinct response.
- Maintain status of generic proposals and work with Sales Director/Commercial Manager to ensure they are reviewed, revised and reapproved as necessary.
- Ensure responses are completed in a timely manner to allow time for final reviews and amendments before submission.
- Maintain up to date records within our internal databases and libraries e.g. Salesforce.com.
- Maintain a response library as appropriate.
- Monitor bid/quotation throughout the process, providing regular status/exception reports as required. Undertake other sales administration tasks as required.
- Ensure bid and proposal WORD documentation is formatted, collated and presented in a professional manner.
- Liaise with the company’s Commercial team to ensure safe keeping of confidential documents, adhering to company procedures and regulations.
- Creation of supporting documentation for bids, such as compliance documents, specification sheets and financial documents.
Production and management of high quality bid documents.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of similar role, with experience of EPC bids.
- Strong Communication skills (Strong Written and Spoken English), with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels within the organisation.
- Technical background desirable.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into compelling and customer focused responses.
- Capability to read and comprehend complex technical specification documents, extract and communicate relevant information.
- Excellent Project Management skills. The ability to prioritise workloads and time and when required reprioritise in line with changing demands
- Process orientated and have experienced in setting up new processes and working in accordance with these processes.
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of MS software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Visio and Teams) and SalesForce.com
Bids are often issued to tight timelines and proposal preparation activities may require the Bid Manager to work additional hours to meet deadlines; supporting this activity will require the individual to be flexible and able to work late outside of core working hours as required.
- Good influencing skills
- Self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Encourages and fosters teamwork
- Flexible and adaptable
- Gently assertive
Reports to: Sales & Product Line Director
Reports: No direct reports
Please apply for this role using the message box below or directly at email@example.com
- Salary: Competitive
- Church Crookham, Hampshire, UK